Jackie Callahan Parente is a freelance writer living in a suburb outside Hartford, Connecticut. She’s worked with words in one form or another for more years than she’d care to admit as writer, editor, tech writer, and most recently, food writer. Food writing blends her love of words with her passion and pleasure in gardening, cooking, home food preservation, eating locally and sustainably. With this blog she hopes to share some of her discoveries, her successes and failures, helpful tips and recipes, and other ruminations suitable for public consumption. In July, 2012, Bow Tie Press publisher her newly minted canning and preserving primer titled Can It! She has owned her own freelance writing company, Editorial Services, LLC since 1996. Check her out there at www.editorial-services.com.
- hope “springs” eternal
- even more local — local seeds and plants!
- blizzard outside, easy warm crusty bread inside
- a gem in our community
- a time to learn — classes scheduled for fall 2012, winter/spring 2013
- don’t you just relish those green tomatoes?
- all about apples!
- mark your calendar! demo and book signing at Katz Hardware
- a new berry in my life
- canning will soon have its own national holiday